Biosystems Control Serum for lipids
- The Lipid Control Serum is intended for quality control purposes only and is supplied with suggested intervals of acceptable values.
- Lipid Control Serum. For 1 mL. Lyophilized human serum containing component concentrations suitable for the quality control of the clinical
laboratories, and without preservatives which might interfere with the tests.
- Components from human origin have been tested and found to be negative for the presence of antibodies anti-HIV and anti-HCV, as well as
for HBs antigen. However, they should be handled cautiously as potentially infectious.
PREPARATION AND USE
- Open the vial very carefully, avoiding any loss of the lyophilized material.
2. Pipette exactly 1.00 mL of distilled water into the vial. The component values depend on the accuracy of this reconstitution step.
3. Close the vial with the stopper and let stand for 20 minutes at roomtemperature.
4. Swirl gently, avoiding the formation of foam, to ensure complete dissolution of contents.
5. The reconstituted lipid control serum is to be treated like the patient serum.
STORAGE AND STABILITY
- Store at 2-8ºC.
- The lyophilized Lipid Control Serum is stable until the expiration date given in the label.
- The components of the reconstituted material are stable for at least
- 7 days at 2-8ºC. For longer periods, keep frozen. Avoid repeated freezethaw cycles.
Biosystems Control Serum for lipids SPECIFIED VALUES
- The assigned concentration values for components and their traceabilityare shown in the enclosed value sheets.
- Traceability of the results can beassured only if the BioSystems reagents and recommended measurement procedures are used.
- The suggested intervals of acceptable values have been calculated from previous experience in interlaboratory variability and are given for
- Each laboratory should establish its own precision parameters.